Other Important Info
- Current Health & Travel Mandates (check for updates weekly):Yukon: https://yukon.ca/en/covid-19-information Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Best Practices on the Yukon River (important for racers, support crews, volunteers): 1) Yukon River Heritage – An illustrated introduction for river travellers: https://yukon.ca/sites/yukon.ca/files/tc/tc-yukon-river-heritage.pdf and 2) Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Best Practices for Heritage Resources: http://www.trondek.ca/downloads/THBestPractices.pdf
- Leave No Trace! The YRQ also urges everyone to follow these LEAVE NO TRACE practices when camping in remote areas, especially in regard to disposal of waste.
- Food for the Long Haul to Dawson – Read this fantastic article by Pat McKenna as she shares some of he r professional knowledge and experience. Also see her “What’s For Dinner on the River” (pdf).
- IMPORTANT: NEW 2022 WAIVER (all adult racers, support crews, and volunteers 18 and over must sign hard copy). ASSUMPTION OF RISKS (for youth participants-support-volunteers 17 and under to be signed by parent/guardians).
- IMPORTANT: Medical Insurance Requirement for Emergencies
- IMPORTANT: SPOT device information and set-up (required for SPOTs, InReach tracking info also must be submitted)
- YRQ Waypoints as Comma Separated Values file 2022 (.csv)
- YRQ Waypoints as displayed on the Race Tracker 2022 (click once to download Google Earth file. This format is one that is usable by most if not all GPS programs. It is not just for Google Earth, although it is GE’s native format)
- YRQ Waypoints in GPS Exchange format 2022 (.GPX)
- Yukon River Water Levels Above White River (real time – also search other measuring points on this site – note disclaimers)
- How to Measure your Canoe or Kayak
- Canoe & Kayak Rental Info
- Negotiating Five Finger Rapids(PDF)
- Dawson City bus information: (SORRY, NOT HAPPENING IN 2022)