Dawson City Celebration 20th Anniversary Celebration
Photo courtesy of Harry Kern
HUGE COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
- Displays will include:
- 20-year YRQ Photo Exhibition by Harry Kern
- Paddlers Abreast exhibit
- Films and video from past races.
- 20th Anniversary Art Print by Stephanie Ryan and other YRQ merchandise for sale.
- Celebration Party on Saturday Night with music and drinks available (more details coming)
- Teams invited to march (with boats, if able) in Sunday’s Canada Day Parade at 11 a.m.
- Yukon River Quest Awards Banquet begins in tent on grounds immediately following parade.
The Race to the Midnight Sun.
This is the year to celebrate Dawson, its sponsors and volunteers. We’ll invite all who have helped us for the last 20 years and we’ll celebrate them!! At our Awards Brunch, at a party in our tents and by participating in the July 1st Parade (with our paddles and a big thank you Dawson sign)
We’ll do our awards outdoors at the Waterfront Park to accommodate all of our race family!! (and also to show Dawson City just how many of us there are!)
We’ll have a gathering place in our tents all weekend long!!! An exhibition of photos, history and maybe a Party on Saturday night. It will be very different from years past and that can be a fun thing. We’ll ask our previous racers to help us thank the community of Dawson.