Dawson City Celebration 20th Anniversary Celebration
Photo courtesy of Harry Kern
HUGE COMMUNITY CELEBRATION
- Displays will include:
- 20-year YRQ Photo Exhibition by Harry Kern
- Paddlers Abreast exhibit
- Films and video from past races.
- 20th Anniversary Art Print by Stephanie Ryan and other YRQ merchandise for sale.
- Teams invited to march (with boats, if able) in Sunday’s Canada Day Parade at 11 a.m.
- Yukon River Quest Awards Banquet begins immediately following parade (Location TBA).
The Race to the Midnight Sun.
This is the year to celebrate Dawson, its sponsors and volunteers. We’ll invite all who have helped us for the last 20 years and we’ll celebrate them!! At our Awards Brunch, at a party in our tents and by participating in the July 1st Parade (with our paddles and a big thank you Dawson sign)
We hope to have our awards outdoors at the Waterfront Park to accommodate all of our race family!! (and also to show Dawson City just how many of us there are!). Alternate location is Robert Service School.
We’ll have a gathering place in our tents all weekend long!!! See our exhibition of photos and history. We’ll ask our previous racers to help us thank the community of Dawson.